Frequently Surplused Items

Filing Cabinets & Desks:

  • Needs to be empty; do not leave file folders, paper, or supplies in drawers
  • Needs to be unlocked; tape key to top of cabinet or desk

Surplusing Vehicles

The following steps should be taken to surplus an ECU departmental vehicle:

  1. Contact Automotive Services at 328-6427 for more guidance.
  2. Return all GAS CARD(s) to the Gas Card Manager at Eppes 3 (if applicable)
  3. Return all FIRE EXTINGUISHER(s) to the Steam Plant
  4. Remove any ECU property from vehicle and trash from vehicle
  5. Bring all LICENSE PLATE(s), KEYS, and any MILEAGE logs to the Fixed Assets Office
  6. Complete the University Vehicle Transaction Form and send it to Risk Management, ECU Campus Operations, 1001 E. Fourth Street.

PLEASE NOTE: You will be responsible for insurance coverage until tags are removed and Risk Management requirements are satisfied. Contact Risk Management for more information at 328-2010.